Harbaugh's Losses By Year
YEAR LOSSES
2020 2
2019 3
2018 3
2017 5
2016 3
2015 3

Another week and another loss for our rival against a B1G opponent. The more things change the more they stay the same for a substandard website to our north. 

Khaki boy is one defeat away from becoming the first head coach of That Team to start his tenure with at least three losses in six straight seasons.

How far has the program fallen? The Wolverines entered this season with at least three losses in seven consecutive seasons. The only other time this occurred for them was between 1957-63.

If they drop one more game in 2020, it will be the first time in their program's history for the team to lose three games in eight straight years. 

24-Game Winning Streak?
Jim Harbaugh can make an epic winning streak disappear. 
24-Game Winning Streak?

Michigan entered today's game with a 24-game winning streak against Indiana. The last time the Hoosiers won a game in this series? 1988. Bill Mallory was the coach and a running back named Anthony Thomas (sorry older Buckeye fans) was ripping Big Ten defenses.  

"Who has it better than us?" This year, Indiana and Michigan State do. Speaking of the Spartans, they were smoked by Iowa today.

Harbaugh's Record in Big Games
OPPONENT RECORD
OHIO STATE 0–5
TOP 10 TEAMS 2–13
BOWL GAMES 1–4
NOTRE DAME 1–1
MICHIGAN STATE 3–3
PENN STATE 3–2
Harbaugh, Their Hero

Remember when mgoblog celebrated the hiring of Jimmy Boy with "It's Happening"? Well, this is what has happened, The One Who Wears Khakis is a combined 1–9 against Ohio State and his bowl opponent. The lone win was in his first season against Florida in the prestigious Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. Since that great victory, the Wolverines have gone 0–9 when playing against the Buckeyes or in a bowl game. They have also been defeated by an average score of 36-26 in those contests.

The One Who Wears Khakis has a losing record against ranked opponents, is 2–13 against Top 10 teams and has accumulated 20 losses in five seasons. To put that in perspective, Urban Meyer had 9 losses as Ohio State's head coach over seven seasons.

So, let's find out how the fans of That Team responded to their beloved squad losing to Indiana for the first time since 1988.

mgoblow

It was hazardous, but well worth the venture on mgoblog.com to read through the comments in the open thread on mgoblog and the site's game recap. Now you don't have to read all 1,455 comments from the open thread and the 209 comments in the staff article. 

As always, the words are theirs. It was difficult, but spelling and grammatical errors were not corrected. 

Note: This used to be written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. Today? Let's just revel in their misery.

TURNING ON THE ONE WHO WEARS KHAKIS

zggolfer

Jim , you and your team fucking sucked today.  Explain please.

The Graddaddy

I have not been fire harbaugh until today. Get him The fuck back to the nfl. If he even could. Jesus Christ. 

Streetchemist

If and when this game gets away from Michigan, Brown and Harbaugh shouldn’t be allowed back on the plane. I’m dead serious. 

BleedThatBlue

Do we now just hope we go 1-8 to get all new coaches??

mitchewr

I’m honestly already at this point. I cannot wait to move on from Harbaugh. 

ThatGuyCeci

Michigan state took this teams soul. We are fucked and I can’t wait to see Harbaugh fired. That’s where I’m at now.

mitchewr

If Warde extends Harbaugh’s contract then the president needs to fire both of them. 

Michfan777

This team is lost. Either the concepts or too hard to grasp, the coaches can’t teach the concepts, or the talent is too deficient.

All of these point to Harbaugh.

May he be gone in a few weeks 

HollywoodHokeHogan

Harbaugh can’t be fired fast enough.  I can’t forget that he was out matching and bitching about the president not talking to him and making a spectacle of himself to showcase this abortion.  Put another dip in and have a nice walk back to the fucking nfl.

Brian Griese

Keep running in between the tackles dumb asses. 
2 fucking times in a row! We’re burning clock down 10 points. Unreal. 

Coldwater

I swear to fucking God if they keep ramming it up the middle for a little to no gain I’m gonna fucking die

DetroitBlue

Whoever is calling these plays needs to fucking go. This is pathetic

Blue Middle

Hard truth: in year six of Harbaugh’s tenure, IU is better

uminks

I don't think there will be many Harbaugh supporters left after this season. I really hope he jumps to the NFL after this season. Any coach cannot to do any worse but I hope the AD can get the best young coach available out there.

Navy Wolverine

Doubt the NFL would take him.

btn

Harbaugh cannot survive this garbage 

mitchewr

There’s no way you could ever convince me that Harbaugh hasn’t completely lost this team.

Offense: total dog shit

Defense: total dog shit

Coaching: total dog shit

Play Calling: total dog shit

For the love of all that’s holy, put this sick horse down and out of its misery and fire this pathetic excuse for a coaching staff.

samdrussBLUE

This team is fucking bad and now their effort sucks and they are starting to give up. Fuck this. Fire Harbaugh at the half

rob f *

What the holy FUCK are we watching here?!!!!  

FIRE HARBAUGH

FIRE BROWN

...and probably the entire staff, too 

sleeper

LOL, this is RichRod era bad, leave him on the tarmac.

Maize4Life

This either IS or WAS the begininng of the end of then Harbaugh era...gotta be the final nail?

MgoBlowww

No, after they lose to Rutgers and Maryland that should be the final nail.

WesternWolverine96

Harbaugh can't even wear a mask properly

umbig11

This is exactly what the end looks like Jimmy....

ih8losing

we need to find a coach who can inspire. And for crying out loud, build a mentally strong and disciplined team. Maybe hire IUs head coach and have him bring Mike Hart

East German Judge

It is year 6, where is the fucking depth, this is harbaugh's team 100%.  No more excuses...These are good kids, but out of their league especially with this PATHETIC coaching. 

SecretAgentMayne

I didn’t even watch. The head coach doesn’t give a shit, and his players reflect that attitude. So why should I? 

trueblueintexas

Why should Warde wait until the end of the season to fire Harbaugh and Brown? The game and school are not about them. It’s about the players. Do what is right by them. Give them a chance to compete without Harbaugh/Brown’s lingering stench hanging over them. 

jabberwock

Michigan should have fired his ass 2 years ago.

They will drag this on and on and on
because Michigan.

jbrandimore

It’s over. If Harbaugh loves Michigan he will announce his resignation tomorrow morning.

Rich Rod NEVER lost to Indiana—and only lost to Ohio State 3 times before his ax.....  – M and M Boys

Wheeee
FIRE DON BROWN

BlueTimesTwo

Fire Brown at halftime and then shut down the season.

umichfaninpa

Brown keeps calling blitzes and we are no where near getting to the QB.  Harbaugh needs to release him!

Schemboeller Carrbaugh

Fire Brown at halftime please.

Michfan777

How Don Brown has a job at this point is frustrating. Send his ass back to BC. 

MS3

Fire Don Brown at halftime, this is pathetic

M-Dog

Don Brown has lost his fastball, and he only has one pitch.

UcheWallyWally

Is Don Brown auditioning for the Big12?

LabattsBleu

First year Nick Sheridan OC is lighting up Don Brown

Qmatic

Don Brown fucking sucks. When you have Devin Bush Gary Chase Mo Lewis Long Hill and Ambry you can play playground football. 

Ask him to  actually coach and it shows he’s a pile of dog shit

TURNING ON THE PLAYERS

JT4104

All these three star gems all seem to suck

NJblue2

Holy shit is our defense bad. We really need to hire guys who can recruit people, and probably a new defensive coordinator.

Brian Griese

LOL

We never fucking learn. Still leaving crap corners on islands. 

ThatFatMan42

There's the Gray we know and love, not getting his head around

Qmatic

Jeez Gray if you’re gonna get burned and hold the guy make sure he doesn’t catch it

carolina blue

Holy fuck our d line jumps big time. We’re going to get off sides at least three more times this game, if not the half.

TallyWolverine

Annnnnnnnnnd again.....Vincent Gray. How is he STILL playing football?

Jwheatie7

Is this the worst secondary ever?

NJblue2

Seriously bench Gray he's fucking terrible. Stop jumping offside, but bigger deal is benching Gray. He gets beat every fucking time.

OSUMC Wolverine

Toast > any current corner. unfortunately evidence is mounting

lhglrkwg

Wow. This defense cannot stop jumping offsides and this are the worst CBs we’ve had since like 2009/2010. Awful

Nofx1728

Eric all. Stay the duck on the bench you sorry fuck

marmot

What the hell is Erick All doing playing?  He is awful.

ppudge

Why are our coaches so high on Erick All?  All he does is drop passes. 

father fisch

If there's a worse tight end in this conference than All, I dare you to name him.

Nofx1728

STOP JUMPING OFFSIDES. BENCH THE FUCKING IDIOTS IF YOU JUMP

BucksSuck

I see zero passion from anyone wearing a white jersey.  Pathetic.

MgoBlowww

Vincent Gray is absolute dog shit

bluegary

Vincent gray is fucking terrible. Every pass you expect a flag and most of the time there is.

Boomer519

Fuck all you that called for Joe Milton.

This defense blows and sucks straight ass– samdrussBlue

Hostage Harbaugh?Milk, it does a body good?
THE DELUSIONAL

DoubleB

Is the game over? Did I miss the last 3 quarters? 

Does Michigan look like shit to start--absolutely. There's a lot of football left to be played.

I don't know how anyone can be a fan and just give up after 7 minutes of the game. 

uofmchris2

Luke Fickell. PLEASE.

SFBayAreaBlue

Just walk off the field.  Call the season a covid mistake, erase the last two games from history. Try again next year.

BayWolves

Hire Mike Hart.

Jordan 2323

Our fucking team is just cursed lmao.

uminks

I doubt Michigan fires Harbaugh even if he only wins a couple of games this season.

RandallFlagg

Come on guys.  Positive vibes here.  Need a stop.

BayWolves

Indiana’s going to sure be sad when after the half we rip off 42 unanswered points all started by a Gray pick 6!

swalburn

I'm not even thinking about the game anymore.  How do we salvage the recruiting class.

shags

Michigan football positivity:  It's possible the game against Wisconsin next week is cancelled due to Wisconsin's COVID issues.  

Team 101

We would have been better off if they had cancelled the season and not uncancelled it. 

M-Dog

Can we just pretend to have Covid to get out of playing Ohio State?  It's worth a shot.

RandallFlagg

Michigan should have OSU talent and blowing IU out of the water 

Boomer519

Let's add some more fucks to the state of the threads post....... Fuck this fuck that fuck Harbaugh, Fuck Brown, Fuck this entire coaching staff Fuck Warde for not having the balls to demand a change. This is possibly the worst team Michigan has had in the 40 years I've been watching. FUCK

steeltownblue

Calling it right now, we win 35-34. 

GRWolverine1223

Let’s hire urban Meyer. 

Clarence Boddicker

EVEN A MICHIGAN LOSS CAN NOT FUCK UP TODAY!

HELL YEAH!

No.

mgobaran

A DEEP BALL TD!! CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES!

Nope.

Who are we going to hire instead of Harbaugh? Anyone besides Dabo, Saban, or Urban would be a downgrade, and there is absolutely no way we hire any of those three.– RuGuy

ONE LINERS

Flying Dutchman

Same amount of fans that there typically are at Indiana

ppudge

Can we trade coaches?

M-Dog

Fuck this season.

taistreeetsmyhero

Really wish the big ten had stuck to their guns and cancelled this season smh

Go.Blue.Hail

We are a high school team

smitty1983

It’s year 6 

B-Nut-GoBlue

Day of errands begins now, shit ain't worth 3 hours of getting nothing else done.

MFanToledo

I told myself I wouldn't get mad today. Well here I am, pissed off already

goblue81

This would be a great time for another 3 and out ...

Nanook

The punter is the best player

Roy G. Biv

Michigan doesn't have the talent to compete with Indiana.

006BOatman

Making the Lions look like a good team rn

Bluelake

I'm drowning my sorrow in beer today.....

mitchewr

Lol damn, this defense couldn’t stop a legless cat

btn

The defense appears worse than last week 

Qmatic

Don Brown can Uber home

Qmatic

Nico and Ambry sure as shit aren’t second guessing their decisions.

Bo Harbaugh

We are bad at football.

Chork

MVP - punter

Go.Blue.Hail

Couldn't catch COVID if he went to a frat party

ThatFatMan42

Moar 3-stars please!

Chork

I didn't know OSU wore crimson and creme 

Bambam

Either penix is the next Patrick Mahomes or were even worse than I thought 

Blue4U

it's a toss up when we play rutgers

swalburn

Good news, Saturday now has a built in nap time for the rest of the year.

Bluelake

This must be what its like to be a Rutgers fan

ThatFatMan42

Penix is sticking it to us

UNI_MaizeNBlue

We suck dick and not in a good way

Qmatic

We’re deep throating a Penix

Greg McMurty

Michigan having Penix envy.

ItInWolverine

50 flags of Gray

kurpit

Guess the battle for the basement of the B1G east is now between Rutgers and Michigan.

Elno Lewis

Is it too late for Michigan to join the MAC?

salami

At least we’re one game up on PSU...amirite!

At least Harbaugh wins the games he’s supposed... aw, fuck.– BlueTimesTwo

This never gets old.
REALITY BITES

R. J. MacReady

LOL.  This team sucks. 

MichAtl85

Aight. I’m out. 2-6? Maryland gonna toss all up and down the field. 

MgoBlowww

Michigan really might be one of the worst teams In the big 10

Ham

The only potential wins I see remaining on the schedule are Maryland and Rutgers. And even those aren’t guarantees. What a disaster.

Soufire21

1-8 is a very strong possibility.

FlexUM

Feels very “Brady Hoke 2014”

uminks

Pathetic that IU is just dominating us! We have really fallen to the bottom half of the B1G.

Nofx1728

We’re going to get annihilated by Indiana. Year 6

mgobaran

Did the team not practice all week? Looks like the same guys from last week. 

bluegary

Well so much for this game. I see us possibly winning 1 game the rest of the year. Of course penix starts slow against everybody else but us he looks like Superman. Osu will score 100 on us.

Qmatic

Guys...we fucking blow

flysociety3

Straight up done with Michigan football. This is an absolute joke. For the resources/support poured into this program... it is just insane.

MichAtl85

Worst team in the Big 10 east. Fuck you Jim. Fuck you. Giant fucking fraud. Go take another Xanax Jim and know you’ll get a handsome paycheck. Oh and fuck you Gattis and Brown. Head to the fucking exit. 

SFBayAreaBlue

OSU is going to throw deep on every play, they won't even need to run it.  Fields with have 12 TDs and 2 interceptions and 800 yards.  Burn it down now.

SFBayAreaBlue

Oh, did I say Fields was going to have 800 yards.  I meant Penix. 

M-Dog

This looks like a Year 1 Rich Rod team.  Not a year 6 Harbaugh team.

Michrider41

OSU will be 21-0 on Michigan in the first 4 minutes. 

Blue1972

Do we all realize that if things continue on this trajectory, tomorrow Liberty University will be ranked above the University of Michigan. The world is coming to an end.

Wolverine 73

Just took a break from yard work to check the score.  So happy I opted to take advantage of the nice weather and not sit around watching what seems to be another display of ineptitude so far.

bfeeavveerr

Recruiting and coaching. Michigan is a middle of the pack Big Ten team. This program is not moving forward.

Soulfire21

Lol Indiana beats the zone immediately too. We’re fucked.

MS3

Because this is what we do as a program. All hype, no substance

MichiganMan_24_

Literally, the entire team stinks..from coaches to TEs to kickers..they are awful

mogbaran

Michigan looks like a MAC school. A bad one.

BlueSided

O State is going to murder this secondary.

MichiganMan_24

It hurts to say this and i will only say it to you guys...im embarrassed to be a UM football fan

Rocky Mountain Coldsmoke Wolverine

Fuck this.  Yep. Fuck daydrinking.  I gotta get high and go outside to enjoy some fresh air.

Michfan777

When your school’s bragging points are all things that happened prior to any of your players or recruits being born, something needs to be done. 

JFra

I am back to levels of apathy and excitement I had at the end of the RichRod era. I probably won’t watch a game until the OSU game - and I honestly may wait until after the first quarter and completely wave off on that one as well. 

AZ_blue

To be fair, Harbaugh was brought in to do what Hoke and RR could not. Today, he has made good on that expectation. 

Tom Pickle

Everyone with an NFL future should opt out. We're going to lose to Rutgers.

I Like Burgers

The crazier stat is they are 10-8 since they went into that 2018 game against Ohio State as favorites.

The 2016 loss to Ohio State crushed the program, and the 2018 loss seems to have obliterated it.

And 2020? God knows what will happen when Justin Fields gets a crack at this secondary.

The Milk Man

Michigan football players and not making a play when it matters.  Name a more iconic duo.

UofM Die Hard Seattle

It’s official official...we are a basketball school now. And baseball. And track.  And hockey (hopefully this year is better) and swimming. 

ckersh74

Warde won't fire Harbaugh, short of a major off-the-field fiasco. 

However, I wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to step down after the season if this thing really crates to 2-7 levels, especially of there's a historic ass-hammering at the hands of OSU, something like 77-10 or so. At this point, I'm not ruling that possibility out, by a long shot. 

M-Dog

Oh come on. That won't happen, you're just throwing shit against the walls.

We'll never score 10 points.

I am currently at urgent care getting what I believe is a pilonidal cyst looked at. I am having a better time here getting my ass examined than what I would be if I was watching this game. – UMxWolverines

Keep On Keepin' On.
Give me an O...Give me a No...Oh no, I became the first UM coach in 33 years to lose to Indiana.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments