College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Red River, Who Are You Cheering For?

+12 HS
grahamkamp's picture
October 6, 2020 at 4:17pm
106 Comments

I can’t say I really like either of these teams, and I especially don’t like Tom Herman. The OU fan base... not likeable either, so who are you cheering for?

Personally I’m cheering for Texas, and there’s more in play here than you think. 

1. Emeka Egbuka, it’s widely known that Egbuka is down to OSU and OU and there aren’t really any others in the equation. A 1-3 start for the Sooners paired with the Buckeyes already having a favorable lead should seal the deal. (You never know in recruiting of course)
  2. Urban Meyer, this one isn’t really realistic don’t think, and I’m not worried about it. But it is something. Around this time in his first retirement was when Urb wanted back in. Texas is a big time job and he could dominate the Big 12 with the talent they have. Unlikely? Very, but I want Urb to retire a Buckeye. 
    3. Oklahoma has more to gain, let’s be honest, even if Texas wins this weekend they’ll probably lose at least 2 more games this year. If OU gets a win it could spring them in the right direction to a potentially still promising off season. Texas winning, along with losing a couple down the road makes the conference look even worse. Big Ten gets benefit of the doubt in playoff talks in future seasons

Again none of these except Egbuka are super important, just trying to put some weight into some games while we patiently wait for our Buckeyes!

Hope everyone has a great day, Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 106 Comments