College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Sin of All Sins?

+10 HS
OHinTN's picture
August 28, 2020 at 11:40am
69 Comments

Edit:  The Buckeyes are back so all this can be erased from history!  Thank God I don't have to resort to cheering for any other team!

Because I am a huge fan of college football and want to watch it played, I have decided to temporarily be a fan a few new teams/schools in order to be more invested in the season.  I have been an Ohio State fan for a long time, but not due to any ties to the university itself.  It's mainly because I was born and raised in the great state of Ohio and had to stay true to it despite living my whole adult life in Tennessee.  After thinking about this long and hard (not really) I have made some fairly difficult decisions.  Since most of those playing are only playing conference games, I picked one from each of the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 to give my allegiance.  I know a lot of you are not going to take this lightly, nor should you, but I wanted to see others thoughts.  Here goes nothing.....

ACC
North Carolina - Mainly because of Mack Brown.  He is from Cookeville, TN where I graduated high school, he seems to be a pretty genuine guy and came out of retirement to try and rebuild the program.  UNC is probably the only threat to Clemson in the ACC and I like their colors.

Big 12 
Oklahoma - I had to pick at least one that could be a National Championship contender and I like Lincoln Riley.

SEC (I can't wait to read the comments on this choice)
Tennessee - They have been down for a really long time (one of my friends calls me a "UT sympathizer").  Most of my close friends are UT fans so I know more about them than any other program outside of Ohio St.  I have been to Neyland Stadium more than The Shoe.

Non-P5
Army, Navy, Air Force because who doesn't love the service academies and the triple option

Alright...Flame Away!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 69 Comments