College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Who is the Surprise Elite Team Next Year?

+3 HS
Buckiowa's picture
May 26, 2020 at 10:54pm
65 Comments

Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but preseason predictions rarely come to fruition in college football. Going back to the preseason predictions for this past season, the consensus was that the elite teams were Bama, Clemson, and everybody else, and that the natty would once again be decided by those two teams. Well, they weren’t exactly correct there: there were three elite teams last year, us, Clemson, and LSU, who no one saw coming. This coming year, both Clemson and OSU are projected to be THE elite teams that will play for a title. But who becomes the elite team that contends for a natty that no one saw coming? Will there be a new player? What are your thoughts? 

My prediction: Texas, and this might get a few groans but I think that team is loaded and Chris Ash will have that defense ready to play. Having an experienced quarterback while Oklahoma loses a ton of talent will help as well. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments