College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Hail to Michigan! A Baffling Stat

+21 HS
Kneelblender's picture
May 13, 2020 at 1:50pm
42 Comments

First off - I hope everyone is well in these trying times....stay safe.

Well - all of this downtime has allowed me to do some statistical analysis. I have created a spreadsheet that analyzes every game Michigan has played since 2000...and the results are beyond baffling.

According to my data (+/- .3% deviation), Michigan has NEVER lost a game where they were actual beaten fairly...not once! Think about that - that is 87 games they did not win, but SHOULD have won!

I poured though all 87 games...I looked at the stats and the end result and it always came back the same....Michigan should be UNDEFEATED since 2000!

A lot of my data was driven by UM fan's comments...but here is what i have discovered: EVERY SINGLE GAME (87!) THAT UM LOST...they actually should have won!

What happened? GREAT QUESTION.

Weather

Refs

Cheating by opposing team (this covers A LOT of it!)

Unlikely injuries

World Bias

Grass too long

Grass too short

Time Clock operator

They care more about academics then football (Not sure how this equates, but offered up often...)

Other teams ganging up...sharing strategies to beat UM

Lax rules of conduct elsewhere. UM does not have a SINGLE incident of breaking a law or a rule..NOT ONE!

I think all of us (collectively!) should name Michigan as National Champions for the years 2000 thru 2020. What other team can claim this incredible record??

Mod Edit- Avoid the click bait titles.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments