College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Harbaugh Takes a Sharp Right Turn in an Interview and Falls into a Potential Shitstorm

+9 HS
LessScarletMoreGray's picture
April 11, 2020 at 7:19pm
1 Comment

I know this is treading in no-no land, and I'll try to frame this so it's about the act of opining versus about the subject matter. Still, I have a 77.5% expectation that this will be deleted. 

In an interview about COVID 19, Jimmy veered, unprompted, into the subject matter of abortion. Needless to say, this is a shock coming from the coach of a huge legacy program, and the fanbase at UM is most certainly divided the way the rest of the country is. Does the act of giving voice to the topic hurt him at all, regardless of which side he's on? Does the side he came down on make a difference in how much it hurts him? If it were to be perceived that it hurts him and he were dismissed after this season, assuming another lackluster record, would there be any sort of undercurrent of discrimination? This looks like a story line to watch. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-talks-abortion-inte...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 1 Comments