College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Kirk Herbstreit in the News... Again.

-4 HS
kmp10's picture
March 31, 2020 at 4:00pm
75 Comments

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/coronavirus-kansas-state-ad-not-thrilled-with-kirk-herbstreit-saying-hed-be-shocked-if-football-happens-182247330.html

Kirk Herbstet, the community's most polarizing notable, has been called out by the Kansas State AD. In short, KSU's athletic director threw some snark Kirk's way regarding Herbstreit's prediction earlier this week that the 2020 football season will be canceled, saying, “I appreciate Kirk becoming a medical doctor and telling us what we should or shouldn’t do...

Kirk Herbstreit is either so dense that he simply cannot wrap his brain around the fact that his words carry an awful lot of weight in the college football community, OR he's so arrogant that he knows exactly how influential his college football opinions are, and he craves the attention so much that he doesn't give one rat fu*k about the ensuing uproar. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter more than the former, but this is just one more time I wish Herbstreit would give everyone a break from his mouth and let the situation play out. The smart response, instead of saying he would be "shocked" if the both the NFL and NCAA football seasons weren't canceled, would have been, "I'm as unprepared to answer that question as anyone else who hasn't earned a medical degree, and even those who have earned their MDs don't have crystal balls allowing them to see into the future... so, until I hear differently, I'll keep hoping we're playing football in September."  

Granted, the KSU AD's remarks were themselves somewhat Herbstreit-esque... the 'becoming a medical doctor' thing was unprofessional, but his point, imo, is well taken, and that point is that none of us know what tomorrow will bring regarding this virus, so the guy who's arguably the face of college football on the media side saying he'll be shocked if the season isn't cancelled is... irresponsible. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments