College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Georgia Leaked Cade Mays Family's Lawsuit

+14 HS
oprettyricky's picture
January 9, 2020 at 11:43am
104 Comments

Kirby's true colors are coming to light. 

Tom Mars, the attorney who helped Fields get immediate eligibility is now working with Cade Mays, a Georgia offensive lineman.

According to the article, University of Georgia intentionally leaked lawsuit proceedings involving offensive lineman Cade Mays and his father, Kevin, to paint the family in a bad light after transfer intentions were expressed this week.

“In fact, one sportswriter I spoke with earlier today confirmed that’s how he found out about the lawsuit. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that UGA is continuing to take the low road about the lawsuit, but in my opinion, directing sports writers to Mr. Mays’ lawsuit set a new record low for UGA Athletics.”

-Tom Mars

According to a document obtained by 247Sports from the Clarke County Courthouse, Mays’ father had to have part of his finger amputated after an accident at Georgia recruiting event several years ago. According to the documents, "Former UGA Offensive Line Coach Sam Pittman picked up Plaintiff Kevin Mays’s severed finger, and it was put on ice."

If this is true, which I am going to give Cade the benefit of the doubt as he wasn't riding the bench at UGA (had 11 starts this season) , then shame on Smart and the UGA staff. 

I know they have a bunch of guys leaving the program, whether it's declaring early for the draft or entering the transfer portal, and it seems they are leaving a program with questionable morals.

Link to article here: https://247sports.com/Article/Cade-Mays-Georgia-Bulldogs-transfer-portal-lawsuit-Tennessee-Vols-Tom-Mars-141901346/

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments