Watching Another Bowl Loss
Harbaugh's Losses By Year
YEAR LOSSES
2015 3
2016 3
2017 5
2018 3
2019 2

Another season and The One Who Wears Khakis continues his losing ways. As the head coach for the cesspool to the north, the team has lost at least three games each year with him at the helm. With the loss to our non-rivals, Khaki boy has already suffered two defeats in 2019. With Notre Dame, Michigan State and Ohio State remaining on the schedule, Our Rivals will be lucky to finish this season with only three losses. Especially when you look at their struggles against ranked opponents with Captain Weirdo at the helm.

Since taking over his beloved program in 2015, That Team has a record of 9–12 (.429) against ranked opponents. Khaki boy does have a winning record against our non-rival, but that is a little deceiving as he has lost two of the last three games against the kitty cats. 

To throw more dirt on a dead man walking, The One Who Wears Khakis is now 1–10 against teams ranked in the Top 10 and has accumulated 16 losses in 59 games.To put that in perspective, Urban Meyer had 9 losses in 92 games as Ohio State's head coach.

Harbaugh's Record in Big Games
OPPONENT RECORD
TOP 10 TEAMS 1–10
OHIO STATE 0–4
NOTRE DAME 0–1
BOWL GAMES 1–3
MICHIGAN STATE 2–2
PENN STATE 3–2
Harbaugh, Their Hero

Remember when mgoblog celebrated the hiring of Jimmy Boy with "It's Happening"? Well, this is what has happened, The One Who Wears Khakis is 1–7 against Ohio State and his bowl opponent. The lone win was in his first season against Florida in the prestigious Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. Since that great victory, the Wolverines have gone 0–6 when playing in The Game or against a bowl opponent. They have also been defeated by an average score of 37-25 in those contests.

Go here to see how Jimmy H. compares to John Cooper.

The One Who Wears Khakis has a losing record against ranked opponents, is 1–9 against Top 10 teams and has accumulated 14 losses in four seasons.To put that in perspective, Urban Meyer has 9 losses as Ohio State's head coach over seven seasons.

So, let's find out how the fans of That Team responded to their beloved squad losing another game on national television.

mgoblow

It was hazardous, but well worth the venture on mgoblog.com to read through the comments in the game recap on mgoblog. Now you don't have to read all 247 comments. 

As always, the words are theirs. It was difficult, but spelling and grammatical errors were not corrected. 

Note: This is written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. It's also nice to revel in their misery.

2019 BIG TEN CHAMPS

This is Michigan

Asked for his thoughts on being the preseason championship pick during Big Ten media days in Chicago, Harbaugh gave his response. "That's where I'd pick us," he said.

bronxblue

Everyone has their own barometer for success and so it's hard to tell where people should draw the realism line, but I agree about the tone of the blog. 

The preseason hype was based on speculation and that proved to be naive.  Everyone sorta needs to move on and recalibrate expectations.

TheCube

Jim Harbaugh started this with his preseason favorite and Urban Meyer comments. Don’t fucking put the programs mediocrity on the fans. 

TURNING ON THE ONE WHO WEARS KHAKIS

dougr188

I'm sorry but this is year 5 and Michigan has won nothing of importance.

No Big Ten titles, no division title, no playoff appearances, no wins against OSU, 2-2 against MSU,1-3 in bowl games, and 1-10 against Top 10 teams.

This is the definition of mediocre. It sucks but there it is. Michigan is a Tier 2 Big Ten team that gets opportunities to play the spoiler.

TrueBlue2003

Harbaugh cares but he's gotta be the dumbest coach in America in terms of in-game decisions.

[...]

Going for a 58-yard field goal in that scenario was unconscionable. You literally have a better chance of not only making the first but scoring a TD than you do of making the FG and the downside is the same even in the worst case scenario if you elect to go for it!!!! 7 > 3, Jim.  Kids deserved better.

Jevablue

People expect coaches to maximize talent.  And that clearly fucking does not happen consistently at M. We also expect our coaches to appear to be at least as smart as their counterparts.

Zerodarkwolverine

Fraudbaugh punted on fourth and 1 on the penn state side of the field to open the game. Amazing how this team shows no fight until they’re down. 7 million dollars and a podcast with daddy. Great. 

Red Dragon

He’s one of the best paid in the country and is not proving why.  Lack of results and too many questions.  Why weren’t we ready for the first play?  We only had ALL week to prepare for THAT moment but still had to burn a TO.  Then...all of the stupid penalties.  Where is the discipline?  That all comes from coaching.  Then, we punt on 4th and 1 in PSU territory.  Then, we attempt  58 yard field goal.  

trueblueintexas

If Harbaugh can’t beat OSU this year, he needs to go. No excuses, no blaming refs, no rationalizing injuries or mistakes, whatever. Beat OSU this year. That is now the only measuring stick for the Harbaugh era at Michigan. 

wolverine1987

The only question is, is your coach doing the best job possible with the resources he has? Harbaugh, clearly, is not. 

Having said all that, I'm not advocating firing. But I wouldn't be upset if he retired or quit. 

TrueBlue2003

We had to call TO the first play of the game!  Get organized, c'mon. The short yardage play-calling was abysmal.

mwoody

I have made my decision - can't take underachievement any longer.  Going to the ND game based on a commitment already made but that will be it until JH is back in the NFL.

Five years is enough.

Maize4Life

the season is OVER... ANOTHER Huge Harbaugh Dissapointment..Time to Change the direction and time for a new coach..JH era is officially a Bust...

HateSparty

I’m tired of the Harbaugh excuses. Stop whining in the press, fool.

these shit coaches have dumbed our expectations waaay down.   – Jevablue

Wheeee
BLAME IT ON DON BROWN

Jevablue

DB was an epic fail tonight. Don by any objective measure got schooled.  Having a lot of solid plays salted in with some God awful fatal schematic errors is unacceptable.  

[...]

Leaving out the fact that Don Brown was a schematic disaster in this game is conspicuous by its absence. The kids played hard, but his shit decision making cost the entire team.  

Go Blue 80

Don Brown was outcoached once again by a top level opponent on the big stage on the road.

BLAME IT ON THE REFS 

jmblue

If you have the stomach for it, imagine in Collins's catch had stood . . . or if they'd have called pass interference when the PSU guy was all over DPJ on 4th down...

Muttley

Or they had called the obvious offensive pass interference on the first PSU touchdown, which was far worse and impactful than what Collins did.

Onas

Failed to get an obvious PI call...

TJFB

What’s missing from this write up is how absolutely devastating the poor ref job in Q1 was. The push off, the no PI call, etc... that’s what led to the 21-0 game, which should have never been. If that had happen in Q4 (lions game on Monday) people would be going crazy. 

You Only Live Twice

The ref BS was just enough, it seemed, to give Pedo State an almost insurmountable edge, and they dialed it back after that but the damage was done.  I just don't see us having a chance at anything until Delany is gone. 

NH_Wolverine_77

I hate putting losses on the refs, but can anyone give me any reasonable explanation for the OPI call on Nico. I don’t know how a receiver is supposed to make a play on the ball with a defender running through him any other way. 

MGoBlue96

The explanation is that the refs clearly were going to continue fucking UM over until Harbaugh ripped into them on the non call on the targeting on Patterson and then the lack of even a review. 

[...]

Honestly, Harbaugh needs to get back to his old self and really get after officials, before he ripped into them the second time, the officiating was as lopsided as it could get. Sometimes yelling at the officials does in fact work, as clearly demonstrated by the officials actually trying to be fair after that.

SouthOfHeaven

L O L B1G officiating continues to set the bar high for ineptitude, but it should just be expected at this point. There's no doubt that we dug ourselves into an early hole in this one, but the refs were right there beside us with shovels of their own.

Pure Michigan
The refs cause Bell to drop this 4th down pass...Pure Michigan.
CHANCES OF WINNING THE GAME?

Bus3002

Still no way we can beat OSU though.

Squad16

Doesn't Harbaugh have the two worst losses to OSU in the 115 or whatever years of the rivalry? Definitely the worst loss in Ann Arbor. And that was to an OSU team that lost to MSU. And in the other we were favored. 

snarling wolverine

We're 1-14 against OSU since  2004.  That's a Michigan problem, not just a Harbaugh problem.

Onas

That said, 0-4 sucks and 1-14 sucks. There is certainly a program disadvantage here that seems to be bigger than the coach.

Couzen Rick's

I just have a feeling we're in for a 2013 or 2017 style heartbreak vs OSU this year

Hotel Putingrad

We weren't going to beat OSU anyway given the talent differential, so I'm not that broken up over the division race. Just beat ND and MSU and get to the Holiday Bowl. 

(Oh, and maybe start shopping for a new DC).

The Barwis Effect

Why do people think Michigan has any business beating OSU?  That’s pretty arrogant for a program that has won less than 65% of its games during the 21st century.  The two programs are on entirely different stratospheres and have been for almost twenty years.

it may be another 15-20 years before Michigan notches a victory against OSU.– The Barwis Effect

Again and again and again.
TOO SOON FOR BASKETBALL?

TheCube

It’s time to move on to Michigan basketball. That team lives up to expectations and exceeds them. Football is a waste of emotional investment and time quite frankly. 

bronxblue

I have a feeling you're going to be lovely the first time M basketball loses a game this year.

ONE LINERS 

GOMBLOG

Participation trophies suck ass 

delmarblue

I hope ronnie bell is ok. He must have a nice bruise where the ball hit him in the chest. 

BlueinLansing

Another one on the forgettable pile of Michigan football games post Bo's death.

Z_Wolverista

sometimes i wonder about incipient CTE (in regards to Harbaugh)

Who’s got it better than us?.,,, quite a few actually – delmarblue

This never gets old.
THE DELUSIONAL

Squad16

I mean maybe Wisconsin shocks the Buckeyes AND PSU loses in Columbus and then falters either in East Lansing or Minneapolis AND Michigan wins out/somehow beats OSU../

Onas

Penn State will need to lose three games, right? What would the tie-breaker be? They do travel to MSU, Minnesota and OSU so maybe...

Squad16

If PSU loses to MSU then we'd win a three way tiebreaker (they'd fall out for having a worse record in the East, then we'd get head to head with OSU). If the loss is to Minnesota, I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is...might honestly go to random draw. 

SIGNS OF INTELLIGENCE

GOMBLOG

Participation trophies suck ass 

stmccoy

In the end, Michigan looked unprepared and lost another big game. That’s pretty much how the Harbaugh era has gone. 

3x B1G Champ Dantonio

I just want M to match MSU - 3 Big 10 titles in 6 years with a final 4 appearance.  We can't do it.

Lan DIm Sum

We're a program that thinks we're elite and we aren't, now or historically.  

freelion

This team is not going to run the table and even if they did, they achieve nothing except going to another nice bowl where half the team doesn't show up because they are focusing on the draft.

They are likely going to lose to ND and OSU and be 8-4 after being the preseason favorites to win the conference. That's underperforming yet again. Nothing uplifting about that.

M-Dog

Meh.  Penn State will be watching the Big Ten Championship game on TV right next to us.  Franklin will bring the nachos.

freelion

My God, we have become Michigan State where losing with dignity is ok with a large percentage of the fan base. 

Surrender Harbaugh

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments