College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Baker Mayfield Befuddled by Football Rankings

+6 HS
TioSalamanca's picture
October 31, 2017 at 9:27am
195 Comments

Baker Mayfield thinks Oklahoma should be ranked ahead of Ohio State.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield said he doesn't understand the argument being made that Ohio State should be ranked ahead of his team, considering the Sooners defeated the Buckeyes in Columbus earlier this season.

"There's got to be a head-to-head matchup," Mayfield said after Monday's practice. "You've got to have some sense to count that. You talk about head-to-head, they beat Penn State and both of them are still ranked higher than us.

"I don't understand it."

Mayfield said he'll be paying attention to where the selection committee ranks the Sooners on Tuesday.

"It's just interesting to see how people view us, not necessarily that I'm looking for an approval," Mayfield said. "The final rankings are what matters, and so that will be down the road. We've just got to put our heads down and go to work. If we take care of business the rest of the season, we should be in the top four, no doubt in my mind."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 195 Comments