College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

I Despise Desmond Howard with the Burning Intensity of 1000 Suns.

+9 HS
kmp10's picture
October 27, 2017 at 3:49pm
72 Comments

I'm watching College Football Live, and Desmond Howard's blatant disrespect and hate for Ohio State in general, and JT Barrett in particular, is simply unprofessional, to say the least. Howard, since the pre-season, generally speaking, and since the OU game in particular, has debased and demeaned Ohio State, Greg Schiano, and Barrett. He's literally laughed when Barrett's name has been mentioned as a potential Heisman candidate should he excel vs PSU, he's openly belittled Schiano, multiple times, for saying this iteration of the Ohio State defensive line is the best he's ever coached, and he overtly presents with tone and body language that screams, 'I have no respect whatsoever for OSU and I won't even attempt to hide it in an effort to be professional and/or impartial'. It's gotten to the point that his on-air co-hosts playfully chide him for allowing his personal feelings to enter into the equation. Listen, I'm not, as anyone can see if they research my comments in various forum threads, a big JT Barrett fan, but I'm also not supposed to be a professional college football analyst paid to RESPECTFULLY and OBJECTIVELY break down match-ups for ESPN audiences. Howard, in my opinion, is FAR worse than Mark May, because May's act was just that... an act, at least in part. It was a ratings grab, a game played between May and the OSU fanbase. Howard, CLEARLY, has allowed his hate for and jealousy of Ohio State's nearly two decade long domination of *ichigan to impact his job performance and his ability to dispassionately and evenhandedly analyze games involving the Buckeyes. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments