College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Losing Effect: That Team (Penn State)

Matt Gutridge's picture
October 22, 2017 at 4:30pm
39 Comments

Note: This is written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. For the second time in three weeks, the fans of Our Rivals educate us again under The One Who Wears Khakis' tenure.

No
This is the second time that Crazy Jim has last two games in three weeks as That Team's head coach. Last year he finished the season by losing three of the last four games.
Comparing Harbaugh and Hoke Through 33 Games
OPPONENT     HARBAUGH     HOKE
OHIO STATE     0–2     1–1
MICHIGAN STATE     1–2     1–1
BCS/NY6 BOWL     0–1     1–0
OVERALL     25–8     25–8

After game 33, Brady Hoke went 6–12. He was 1–5 over the final six games of 2013 and 5–7 in 2014. Here's to history repeating itself.

Temper, temper

The men so blue are having another meltdown after their team's second loss in three weeks. With the win being over Inidana in OT the fan base is in familiar meltdown mode.

A hazmat suit was worn to mine through the game article on mgoblog.com. Now you don't have to read all 331 comments.

As always, the words are theirs. It was difficult, but spelling and grammatical errors were not corrected. 

Comment Of The Night

MBA77:

Harbaugh Better??
There is absolutley no evidence that suggests that Harbaugh is better than Hoke or even RR. This is a man who came to the program with a huge $$ contract and all sorts of fanfare. But I see NO leadership coming from him or his out-of touch coaching staff.

We didn't show up to play against Sparty and we sure didn't show up to play against PSU.

Poor attitude + mental errors + procedural errors = loser.

Are You Not Entertained?:

Stfu. Dumb assholes who say this are so fucking oblivious

Reality Bites

DrewForBlue:

6 – 5 in the last 11 games

0 – 5 against teams over 0.500 in that time.

Michigan has now lost 15 consecutive road games to ranked opponents, going back 10 years.

Crootin:

...we're not rebuilding. we're getting worse

SpikeFan2016:

We are literally to Ohio State what Indiana is to us. 

A team that almost always scares you/fights you to the finish but you never actually end up losing!

So incredibly sad. 

Casanova:

Here lies the scary part

OSU was the youngest team in the country last year.
They played to a virtual stalemate with our senior laden 2016 squad.
Unfortunately, We might be in for a surprise from them this year.

MonkeyMan:

OSU shows how all the "youth" and "rebuilding" arguments are just BS

BBQJeff:

This is not a good football team.  

Harbaugh soldier:

Harbaugh likely will go to NFL end of this year or next. You can see his enthusiasm has gone away during games, press conferences and interviews. It's like he's bored with college game or lost his competitive fire. 

Weiss
We gotta stay the course this time a la Notre Dame and Charlie Weiss.
Turning On The One Who Wears Khakis And Their Coaches

MonkeyMan:

great coaches don't have rebuilding years- they have reloading years

Esterhaus:

Jim won't fire Jay but he can move him to marketing or some other position which does not require coaching ability. Jay, Pep and Drev suck at their current positions.

MonkeyMan:

"Harbaugh is doing just fine. The program is in a much better place than if he weren't here. "

Why is everybody so certain about this? We just lost at home to a mediocre MSU and got blown out tonight. RR and Hoke traumatized people to lower their standards,

Ramblin:

I dunno guys.  New coach again?  We gotta stay the course this time a la Notre Dame and Charlie Weiss.  If for no other reason than assuring a new coach will want to come join the fun if/when Harbaugh is out. 

jrems:

We are the youngest team in college football.

You didn’t seriously just compare Harbaugh to Charlie Weiss. Did you?

Ramblin:

Ha! God no.

No.  Just saying it would be wise to give him just as much time, if not more, than Weiss had before we get the pitchforks out.  Michigan football is entitled to nothing.  

DonBrownSoda:

Drevno’s time is almost over

bighouse22:

I have never understood why it is so hard to have a top offense and top defense at the same time.

Harbaugh makes staff changes every year to attempt to make the team better.  Let's see what next year looks like, but I think Drevno has a 5 year deal so I think continuity is the name of the game.

Turning On Their Players

Chris S:

I liked O'Korn this game. I'm sure Peters will get some snaps, but I'm with JOK for the remainder of the season.

CLord:

Yeah did you love how he'd never throw into isolated man on man coverage like all other college QBs do to give their receivers a chance for a leap catch or interference?  Yeah I didn't.

Charlton Banks

I also enjoyed how he took sacks on two fourth downs... I fully undertsand taking a sack instead of making a stupid mistake, but on fourth down when you are already down, mistakes don't really matter much...

MonkeyMan:

JOK wasour best playmaker tonight

which was pretty sad

TrueBlue2003:

He was probably our best player

in this game.  And that's just a sad indictment of everyone else.

[...]

That said, we're now playing for next year and he's not gonna be here next year, so I think you have to go with Peters even if he is worse.

MonkeyMan:

Why would any QB bother to throw the ball to our recievers?

SpilledMilk:

Exactly.

I won't pretend to know what's going on within the program but it's pretty obvious to me that the younger guys feel entitled... As if the meritocracy doesn't apply to them and they know it

Boerwar:

The sky isn't falling, but ....

O'Korn and Speight must go.  Neither handle pressure well, which results in the offense failing in tight games.  The team might as well give Peters or McCaffrey a chance. 

ohio:

I just wanna know whwn Rashan Gary is going to start to resemble the top 10 draft pick that all the color analysts insist he is going to be next year.

[...]

I watch him on pass down and he's getting stalemated constantly. 

Penn State
Turning On Each Other

stormhit:

Lol. Our fanbase fucking sucks because of all the people like you. So many of you dipshits who have never played a sport in your life care more about being "right" about whatever bullshit opinions you're trying to push than just having fun. It rubs off on the team.

93Grad:

You are a fucking idiot if you think that anything We do or say as fans on a blog affects how the team plays in any way, shape or form.

TJFB:

It doesn't matter What I think, I'm just some alum sitting on a couch with his family. It doesnt matter what I did or did not accomplish during my athletic career either.

My point is that you being a whiny little bitch on the internet isn't doing a damn thing to help this football program.

Crootin:

you're an idiot and completely delusional

Goggles Paisano:

Go away dumbass.  No need to create an account to say nothing but stupid shit.  

walkerwolverine:

I swear, this fan base is the most entitled and arrogant in the country.

ghostofhoke:

People here are freaking delusional.

The Delusional
Crazy.

Lil boy blue:

Harbaugh is here to stay and will poop all over the B1G when his vision comes together.

Sign Of Intelligence

Mannix:

May be time to face the truth

Average program, living off of the mid 90's. 

Losing
Hail to the victors.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments