College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Rank Your Favorite B1G Opponents

+11 HS
Hovenaut's picture
October 17, 2017 at 1:17pm
41 Comments

Reading around, came across this discussion from our friends over at Go Iowa Awesome, thought it might be fun to share and hold discussion here.

The title is the premise, from matchup history to watchability, rank the Ohio State conference opponents you most enjoy seeing the Buckeyes play. My list for reference (with added comment for further reference):

1) M...igan (we have history)
2) Penn State (we also have history, and I had to live in the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth is weird)
3) Michigan State (Sparty is like the odd cousin you fight with, and usually win, but his gut punches f'n hurt)
4) Wisconsin (It's not like I hate the Badgers, but I enjoy watching them lose)
5) Iowa (Have had some fun games over the years)
6) Purdue (because West Lafayette is spooky)
7) Northwestern (You have to respect Fitz)
8) Illinois (Hard to believe this program has history...still feels like I've ranked them too high here)
9) Minnesota (If this list were comparable to relatives, see Sparty above, Minnesota would be the odd great-aunt who keeps the old penny candy) 
10) Maryland (I enjoy crabcakes)
11) Indiana (Because of Coach Norman Dale and his fighting 'Huskers)
12) Nebraska (Because of my reason for the Hoosiers above, I almost forgot the real 'Huskers)
13) Rutgers (Surprise, right?)

Watcha got?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments