College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

2016 LB Ethan Tucky Ends Up with Fickell, After All

+4 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
October 9, 2017 at 4:42pm
16 Comments

Delaware, OH native Ethan Tucky was passed on by Ohio State in the 2016 class.  He ended up committing to Boston College, and I just learned of his transfer to Cincinnati prior to the 2017 season. Tucky came out of high school at 6'3", 220 with a 4.56 40-yard dash, so I was a little bummed when OSU passed on him due to Fickell's success with similar athletes such as Darron Lee. That and he hails from my current home city of Delaware. Fickell plans to play him as a rush DE, so it will be interesting to see how he develops under his tutelage. He has to sit out a year, so we will get to see him in 2018.

“The main reason I wanted to transfer was to be closer to family,” Tucky told the Bearcat Journal. “Family is very important to me so not having them be a part of my life didn't feel right. With that being said, I truly believe in what is going on with Cincinnati and I want to be a part of the program being built there. Coach Fickell played a large part. I truly believe in his message which makes it easy to want to play for him.”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments