College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

I Think the NCAA is Close to Announcing Their Ruling Against UNC for Their Academic Violations

+3 HS
HINYG8's picture
September 27, 2017 at 1:54pm
57 Comments

If that is correct..the timing is probably not good for Tarheel fans, but welcome for those who have been wondering why UNC got to violate the academic portion of collegiate sports, which strikes right to the heart of the NCAA's mission.

These FBI arrests and investigations will empower the NCAA to finally put some weight on enforcement. In fact, they are now probably painted in a corner and have no choice but to hammer UNC, or look even more complicit in what has become of NCAA basketball/athletics.

I think they rule in a couple of weeks and I suspect they are ratifying their punishment with each FBI disclosure to make sure they show a strong hand. If they continue to handle UNC's academic foolishness with kid gloves they would no longer be able to pretend they are defending the spirit of NCAA competition. They were exposed long ago to anyone paying attention..but at least they could maintain some level of 'mission' on a superficial level.

UNC will be their first 'moment' in the wake of the FBI arrests...and I think they have no choice but to blast the Heels..and then work with the FBI to defend the NCAA rule book to any and all programs involved in the 'new' scandal.

It's go time for the NCAA one way or the other and I think the only way they can really survive this intact is to start punishing some of the golden geese for breaking their rules.

The UNC ruling will be a stern test for them..go light and get flushed as being nothing more than the figure head they have become. Bring some heat and create a chace to survive into a new era wherein perhaps the NCAA administers the rules but a third party (FBI? Some specifically created new authority?) investigates/enforce them.

I have no issue with UNC specifically, but they trampled on the academic aspect of the STUDENT-athlete..and for that they should be penalized HEAVILY. I think they were gonna largely skate but now, thanks to the FBI, I think the NCAA is compelled to wreck them. This is a wake up call for the NCAA to get up off their ass or get ran off the map.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments