College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Noah Spielman charged with felony hazing

+1 HS
TioSalamanca's picture
September 19, 2017 at 8:22am
2 Comments

I feel for Chris Spielman as his family deals with this situation. Such an upstanding man and community member.

I'm sure the players were just messing around and took their actions too far but it goes to show how little thought many college men and women put into their actions. Tough lesson to learn.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-wheaton-college-foo...

Five Wheaton College football players face felony charges after being accused of a 2016 hazing incident in which a freshman teammate was restrained with duct tape, beaten and left half-naked with two torn shoulders on a baseball field.

DuPage County Judge Joseph Bugos signed arrest warrants and set $50,000 bonds against the players — James Cooksey, Kyler Kregel, Benjamin Pettway, Noah Spielman and Samuel TeBos — late Monday afternoon. Prosecutors charged the athletes with aggravated battery, mob action and unlawful restraint.

The victim, who the Tribune is not naming, left the conservative Christian school shortly after the incident and now attends college in Indiana.

"This has had a devastating effect on my life," he said in a statement to the Tribune. "What was done to me should never occur in connection with a football program or any other activity. ... I am confident that the criminal prosecution will provide a fair and just punishment to the men who attacked me."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments