College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

College Game day to NYC

+2 HS
TShell's picture
September 16, 2017 at 4:25pm
21 Comments

ESPN, as has been widely reported, is losing subscribers. There are many factors behind this: cord cutting, live online streaming, increasingly viewed as being "political", less sports more tangential stories, etc.

Presumably, to combat this they have decided to film what I assume is one of, if not the most viewed program (other than live games) in their arsenal from New York City. Not only that, it will be from Times Square. Nothing screams college football like Times Square on a Saturday morning!

Honestly, I can't think of a place in the United States that would be less interested in college football. It's not like there isn't a game worth going to either. Stillwater for oSu or Iowa City would be perfectly suited for a Gameday trip. Literally ANY college football game would be a better place for them to go.

It feels like ESPN is actively TRYING to ruin its brand some days. This just fits that narrative. They have not only removed the "college" but also the "game" from College Gameday.

I don't even know what else to say. This is just dumb.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments