College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Losing Effect: That Team

Matt Gutridge's picture
November 27, 2016 at 10:11am
57 Comments

Note: This is written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. The fans of Our Rivals educate us for the 14th time since 2001.

No
How much longer will they put up with the "crazy" act? Another loss to Ohio State next year and Harbaugh will match Rodriguez's 0-3 start

The men so blue are having another meltdown after yet another loss to Ohio State. I have posted some of the gems from the post game post on mgoblog.com so you don't have to read all 337 comments. 

The words are theirs. It is difficult, but I will not correct their spelling and grammatical errors. 

Reaction to J.T. Barrett's Conversion on 4th-and-1 in the Second Overtime
First Down

mgoblue98:

the spot was bad.  The refs gave him the 15 yard line.

BluByYou:

On the spot in 2nd OT do you believe the ref(s) coulld have left Columbus alive it it had been reversed?  They are stupid, but not that stpid.

Blue Ballin':

At least they didn't need to worry about leaving that ugly fucking stadium without their balls, since they apparently left them at home today. Gutless.

victors2000:

Perhaps I don't understand the holding rule but wasn't 88 draped all over our guy!? Like...holding!? 

JamieH:

That was not a hard spot. Line to gain was the 15. Just watch and see if the ball crossrs the 15. Not a tough call for a competent official. That spot was completely ridiculous.

MichganMan20:

So apparently you only need 9 and half yards to get a first down. Fucking bullshit.

Michifornia:

I just don't get it. How on earth do the refs get that wrong??  Did they review and forget that it's the ball AND NOT THE FREAKIN HELMET THAT HAS TO GET TO THE LINE??!!!!  WTF???!!!!

B1G Conspiracy Theorists
Conspiracy On

Goblue49856:

BIG10 obviously sent this crew here on a mission to fuck us, no doubt about it. but I'm proud of the team for hanging tough - hard to game plan for dumbfuck officials, I have seen high school crews better than this shit

mGrowOld:

The game was fixed. I'm done. The B1G wanted this to happen and it happened much to their delight.

Maddogrdt:

The Big Ten wanted two teams into the playoffs...refs don't just pick a team to hose, they are told what to do and do it to keep their jobs.

TheFannMan:

Big Ten refs under Jim Delaney will do want they can to stop Michigan from winning. The only issue is if Michigan will do anything about it

Ryno2317:

I usually have a different take on things than you but you are spot on. This is a black eye on the Big 10 and it cannot stand. Urban was literally high fiving the ref before the game ... go back and watch it,

WNY in Savannah:

There is too much money at stake now.  It has ruined everything.  If you can't trust the integrity of the game, then what's the point of watching?  I just feel sick over it all.

Z_Wolverista:

Yes, it felt fixed. Just like 2013 March Madness. We have to get good enough to rise above the fixed-ness. Or gather enough power to challenge it, strategically.

These are the only two options. Sucks. But there it is.

Officiating Complaints

markusr2007:

You can defeat your opponent, but how do you defeat the refs?

WNY in Savannah:

Anyone saying Michigan fans shouldn't "whine" about the officiating is just wrong.  Michigan DID win that game.  The record books will say they lost.  It's just wrong.  The non call on OSU's PI in the 2nd overtime is one thing.  It was horrible but you don't know what would have happened next.  The ridiculous spot is something else.  That was game over--Michigan wins.  Anyone who says the officials didn't cost Michigan the game are wrong. Yes, Michigan "could" have won the game other ways.  But they DID win the game this way.

UofMDieHardi...:

That game was taken from us While we had every opportunity to put this game out of reach. That officiating was putrid. How many missed PI/holding calls. And of course the spot. Short on all the angels. They were too chicken shit to overturn it because of the fans. Embarrassing

We have been royally screwed

Another year gone

pdgoblue25:

Fuck everyone. Aside from the spot, a terrible offensive line faced a great defensive line and didn't get called for one fucking holding call. 2 penalties, 2 fucking penalties and they still should have lost.

BoCanHam15:

I watched the game and the referees looked the other way for 60 minutes! It was a culmination of steamy hot BULLSHIT!

Should Have Gone for Two
Definitely the right call. Definitely.

Hotel Putingrad:

Jim should have played to win

MikeInA2:

Disagree..Michigan was the better team TODAY.. Devin Gardner went for 2, we know how that turned out. 

Boom Goes the D...:

yep they mentioned hoke going for 2 in 2013- it was the right call as well then. 

Turning on Their own Players and Coaches 
Angry

jmblue:

This year's OL, while improved from where it was, is hardly a dominating unit. We'll get better there in future years. And while Smith runs his heart out, he's not ideal when it comes to speed or vision.

YoOoBoMoLloRoHo:

Spot on the OL was just average and Smith is a goog situational back. Does anyone really expect Smith to have a robust NFL career?

victors2000:

Despite the turnovers and the tirade we still could have won that game comfortably had the refs called the game fairly.

The Delusional
Crazy.

yoyo:

We have their number and it's a home game next year. It might be a blowout.

Z_Wolverista:

First Year of Harbaugh, we get blown out.

Second Year of Harbaugh, we control / lead most of the game, and they need two OT's and a total shit call, in addition to our mistakes, to win. By 3.

Third Year of Harbaugh: we win. Maybe it takes two OT's. Maybe by 3. Or 2. Or 1. But: we win.

Fourth Year of Harbaugh: we blow 'em out.

And there it is: a New Era begun.

And we win happily ever after there on out.

#blueForever 

Steve T:

Forget the officiating Michigan should have won 30-10.

The FannMan:

At what point can the Michigan Athletic Department do something about how badly we got screwed here and in Iowa? In the aftermath, I suggested leaving the conference. I know that ain't gonna happen.

MeanJoe07:

The rivalry is back. were gonna get those assholes next year. Also fuck those refs right in the ear.

I'm Concerned for These Individuals

Volnedan:

GODDAMMIT I'M SICK OF LOSING TO THESE FUCKS FOR FUCKS SAKE. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck

CoMisch:

Still bitter as fuck over here. Fuck my shit, fuck da men in stripe. Fuck em

Walter Sobchak:

Joey Galloway and Danny kennel need to go fuck themselves.

Nice turtleneck, sissy.

WestQuad:

I went to the game with three Michigan fans and an OSU fan who is a CEO of a local company.    My CEO buddy was totally cool, but it sucked this has been infinity games that I've had to be diplocmatically polite at the end of the game. I came home durnk  and wrestled with the kids and my wife is being a bitch about it.  Waaaah!  Kids cry when they bump their heads (against each other, not my doing.)   I can't take any more of this shit.  We played well and still lost.  muther fucker.

Dchappy:

They pretty much dominate us at everything. Whoopty dooo, we get Jim harbaugh, and still fucking lose. Now what? Geniuses.

Our coach is bitching about a spot, while their coaches wife is fucking trolling him on his Milk commercials. Jesus. Higher education my ass.

They sure are outsmarting the shit out of us when it comes to winning a fucking football game.

nMkaczor:

There is no god.

A Sign of Intelligence

brianntb:

when will we finally beat ohio? 

too long, i'm afraid.

Scoreboard
Hail to the victors.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments