College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

"M*chigan Monday" by O-Zone's Tony Gerdeman

+1 HS
Scarlatina's picture
September 5, 2016 at 11:43pm
67 Comments

EDITED BY STAFF: Way too much c/p. If you would like to read the article, give Tony a click.

I don't know how much overlap exists between 11W's and O-Zone's readers, but I figured I'd share anyways.

Tony Gerdeman follows the old adage of "keeping your enemies closer" and writes a weekly column on O-Zone called "M*chigan Monday" that breaks down TTUN's most recent game. These are a few quotes Gerdeman had to say about TTUN's recent 63-3 win over Hawai'i:

Overall

[T]he Wolverines did exactly what a national title hopeful is supposed to do. They dominated in every single area, and even when they tried to call off the dogs, there was still some biting going on.

Offense

...[starting QB Wilton Speight] was fine. At this point he doesn't scare a defense, but more importantly, he doesn't scare Jim Harbaugh.

Defense

Linebacker Mike McCray was named the B1G Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against Hawaii [9 TLKs, 3.5 TFLs, 2 sacks, 1 FF]. I didn't expect him to be very good this year, but this was a very productive way to open the season.

Special Teams

[I]f teams are going to keep punting to Jabrill Peppers, then Peppers will have at least two touchdown returns this season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments