College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Radical College Football Realignment Guess from Stewart Mandel

+1 HS
zmoty9's picture
May 17, 2016 at 12:33pm
28 Comments

Fox Sports person (I guess he's one of their college football analysts or something) put together a guess at what he thinks college football will look like in 2026 and it's essentially turning the sport into a true minor league for the NFL.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/college-football-expande...

Forget about the 16 team super conferences. He thinks 24 of the top schools (in terms of blue bloodedness and "moves the needleness") will band together and rise above the NCAA. Split those 24 into four divisions of six, you play each team in your division plus two predetermined opponents from each of the other divisions plus one team from anywhere of your choice (that sound you hear is the collective SEC rejoicing over the continued life of chicken shit Saturday), and the top two teams from each division go to the playoff.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't see it happening. I agree with his premise that the 16 team super conferences won't happen (or won't last long if they do) and can actually see conferences retracting down to ten or twelve, especially once the television bubble bursts.

So what say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments