College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Harbaugh defends his recruiting practices, calls them a "meritocracy," and, "open and clear."

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
January 30, 2016 at 9:00am
190 Comments

Meritocracy :  "A system in which the talented are chosen and moved ahead on the basis of their achievement."

Since Harbaugh is not allowed to speak specifically about unsigned recruits, yesterday he addressed the controversy swirling around his recruiting practices in general terms, and doubled down. Like a true psychopath and narcissist, don't expect any remorse or regret over his actions. In his interview, Harbaugh calls his recruiting practices a "meritocracy."  In Harbaugh's world, cutting off all communication with recruits is just a part of his strategy of being "open and clear," and it all fits under the umbrella of his, "meritocracy." The following are a few quotes from his interview and I will provide a link in a moment.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/01/jim_harbaugh_we_dont_h...

"Asked specifically if he believes he and his coaching staff have been open and clear with the way they've communicated with recruits in relation to their recruiting philosophy, Harbaugh said "yes" he does. 

"It's a meritocracy," he added. "They've got to continue to perform when there's early commitments. Both in the classroom, on the field and as a citizen in the community. That's how we're going about it."

"I don't hide from that at all and I won't. That's what we demand."

That's a bold strategy Jim. Let's see how it's working out for you so far.

OSU 42, TTUN Meritocracy 13

To balance this forum post out, here is a video of Braxton Miller, "The Greatest" as we look forward to the Senior Bowl.

MOD EDIT - Closing thread. Getting a little too inflammatory in this one. Suggest some take a break/walk away.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 190 Comments