Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Surviving One Hell of a Storm.

+18 HS
allinosu's picture
February 16, 2021 at 9:15am
149 Comments

My wife and I have had a rough week. First we lose Dexter (our dog) then this storm has been a real bitch. Right in the beginning of it we lost power to half the house (separate problem)which includes the stove, two fridges, freezer and our bedroom. With our rescue we needed to keep area shoveled (three times)so they could use the bathroom. Extension cords have kept the food safe but the Brains of the freezer blew so we had to shovel our 100 foot driveway so my wife could go to Indiana to get the part needed to fix it. Disaster avoided. Even though I workout almost daily at home my 66 y/o body is plum wore out. Country living can be a bitch at times but we have heat and the well is still going. I'm summoning the will now to re-shovel the driveway as a foot of snow is covering it again. It appears a second storm is on it's way. To my wife this sounds a little whiny but it wasn't the intent because we are OK unlike what we are seeing on TV right now with so many much worse off than us. Are you all alright out there?  If you want, tell us how you are doing through this storm.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 149 Comments