Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I'll Fall Asleep, Counting My Blessings...

+5 HS
Urban Achiever's picture
November 28, 2020 at 2:38pm
4 Comments

I can't bring myself to watch football today, it all just feels so "off". Instead we're watching "White Christmas" and I appreciate it more right now than ever.

My just-turned-6 yr old daughter (who loves dance) is cuddled under my arm, and I'm happy for the distraction and memories flooding back from years gone by when I'd be forced to watch when I was a kid because grandma loved it so (now my 8yr old son is playing the role of the little boy forced to watch, although much more willingly than I ever did).

Back then it seemed 10 hours long. Now it's going by too quick...this damned reality we keep waking up to find ourselves still stuck in.

As hard as it seems to feel Thankful this week, I hope we all can take a step back from this madness at some point and gain some perspective that there's more to it all than the Illibuck and all the other trappings of being a fan of the best damn team in the land during these insane days.

I hope we've all got at least a few blessings to count despite all this (especially on the heels of our great national holiday), and I'll leave you with the 65 year old lyrics that inspired this post...

"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/ I count my blessings instead of sheep/ and I fall asleep, counting my blessings"

Despite the suck of today and 2020 in general, I hope you all have a warm home, a full belly, people that love you, and the hope that this will all be a distant memory someday.

Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments