Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Troggs, Yes, CCR, Donovan, Cat Stevens, ACDC, Metallica, Loudness, Beasties, Bone Thugs - TIMH

+8 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
July 25, 2020 at 8:30am
80 Comments

Holy guacamole, gentlemen. July 25 is one of those special days in music history where the stars align and an inordinate amount of stellar music was bestowed upon us. To put it in the parlance of those boys beastie, today has got more hits than Sadaharu Oh.

Answer: Garage rock before it was a thing. Also the moniker of the coldest Cleveland Indians pitcher this side of the Candyman, Tom Candiotti. Question: What is the only Troggs song we all know? The Troggs released "Wild Thing" in 1966.

Yes is a band I don't particularly care for but they released their debut album today in 1969. Chris Squire is indeed a monster but, like my homeboy Emperor Joseph II said in the movie Amadeus, "There are simply too many notes."

Fix up a White Russian and get ready to roll on Shabbos because The Dude abides the release of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Cosmo's Factory" in 1970.

Underrated rocker and all around cool cat Donovan released "Open Road" in 1970.

How many times have we overlooked another cool Cat Stevens' album "Foreigner", released in 1973? I don't know but we ought not do that, even if the entire first side of the album consists of only one song.

AC/DC signaled a new morning while mourning in 1980.

Metallica showed us how to Cliff 'Em All in 1983.

Crazy days followed Crazy Nights as Japanese rockers Loudness charted their first album with the release of "Lightning Strikes" in 1986. It was a follow up on the success of their 1985 "Thunder in the East". M-Z-A!

The sophomore release of "Paul's Boutique" in 1989 saw the Beastie Boys put to bed the sophomoric tropes of their debut and plant the seeds of what would become a hall fame career.

Alice Cooper threw out "Trash" in 1989.

311 debuted with "Music" in 1995.

The only band to have played with all four of 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Eazy-E, and Big Pun while they were still alive, the pride of Cleveland, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony gave us all a reason to celebrate the flip of the calendar through their album "E. 1999 Eternal", released in 1995.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments