Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Revealing the South

+7 HS
Buckeye1996's picture
May 23, 2020 at 1:15pm
48 Comments

I am threatening to revive an idea I have related to the geography of recruiting. I want to build an interactive mapping website with recruiting data and analysis for others to explore (that is different from what you may have already seen). I haven't done it yet because I haven't found the energy to do it.

However, I have recently completed a project that is somewhat related to the idea of recruiting and regions so I thought I would share it (I hope I haven't already). Finishing this project has re-energized me...lol.

That said, if anyone is bored but interested in mapping and delineating cultural regions (such as the midwest, south, west etc.), I have developed an interactive mapping website that 'sees the New South'.

The website provides a bit of context in terms of the data and idea. Here is the link to the website and below is a screen shot of one the maps. The tab titled 'index of southerness' show a maps that squishes all the data together.

I also have another website that allows you to weight the factors to create your own map of southerness (Click on the i symbol on the web page next to the 0.9 symbol to get the information on how to get started).

Just thought I would share. It will take a bit of time, but I will be sharing my geography of recruiting mapping website when it is done.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments