Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I Had Covid-19, AMA

+23 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
May 21, 2020 at 10:46pm
177 Comments

This is just an AMA for anyone who has not gotten it.

Just a few things, yes I did feel absolutely miserable for a week and a half, like it was nothing I've ever experienced before. A fever spiking randomly, going from being super hot to freezing cold was a very strange thing and not something I would ever want to happen again.

Breathing was difficult, but no ventilator was needed.

Some of the bizarre symptoms like covid toes, or some of the other odd things did not happen to me, I also did not lose the ability to smell things.

Yes I do have the antibodies to protect me from it, strange enough my wife and kids did not get it, which is odd because they're usually the ones getting bronchitis and usually the sick ones.

No I did not take a prescription for it, I drank a buttload of Pedialyte Gatorade and a lot of vitamin C pills

I am also a smoker, I know it's a filthy habit but I don't drink or do drugs so this is my one vice, ok soda is also but that's it.

I do know from other studies that hydroxychloroquine and z-pac has been effective but I do not have first hand knowledge.

Was it as horrible as the media is making it out to be, not for me at least. Of course it was by far the sickest I have ever felt in my life, and I had food poisoning before.

No it was not pneumonia as I had that when I was younger and felt mostly fine.

I also do not have any pre existing medical conditions that would have made the situation worse.

So go ahead guys, ask away any questions you have

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 177 Comments