Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

OT Any Tips for a First Time Home Buyer?

+6 HS
Brohio's picture
August 29, 2019 at 11:08am
99 Comments

Had to sneak in my last OT post of the offseason and...welp, we did it boys. A few of you may have noticed me lamenting at length over the years at the seemingly impossible task of buying a house in Los Angeles. Last week, Ms. Brohio and I had our offer accepted on our first home. We just passed inspection yesterday and we are about to close. I like to think of myself as a pretty smart guy, but admittedly I was shockingly uneducated about the home buying process. To the point I was thoroughly embarrassed of myself at certain times. This ignorance has caused me to ask a billion questions going forward, and being that I don't post in any other public forums, I'm taking it here. If there is anything you wish someone would have told you about owning a home I'd love to hear about it. Home maintenance, surprise costs, DIY hacks, you name it. Any advice is welcome. And if you just want to roast me for LA real estate prices and spending an absolute fuckload of money for a house half the size of my parents', any comedic relief from the stress of this whole process is welcome too. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 99 Comments