After a very brief exchange in another forum where Kbonay mentioned the death of the band Kings of Leon after the song, "Sex on Fire", it made me think of some other bands that I used to enjoy, but their music just went downhill, changed for the worse, or just became too produced for the masses as opposed to staying true to their roots. So, a very brief lists of some that come to the top of my mind:
- The Revivalists - - New album is such a disappointment. Their old stuff, like Gold to Glass, It Was a Sin, Catching Fireflies, or my personal favorite Soul Fight...has just so much more soul and feature David Shaw's unbelievable vocals. Now, with the commercial hit of "All My Friends", I'm afraid the band will never be the same.
- Paramore - - New stuff is just terrible.
- Outkast - - Hey ya???? Really?
- Aerosmith - - after the 70's and 80's, they should have just stopped.
- Maroon 5 - - Songs About Jane was great, but i throw up a little in my mouth every time I hear one of their songs since that album.
- Muse - - A shell of it's previous self.
- Jay Z - - At some point, his business ventures became more important than his music.
- Shakey Graves - - More of an obscure name, and now it is destined to stay that way. Last two albums were just awful. Youtube some of his early stuff, the talent and voice are there.
What bands do you think "sold out", lost their soul, or just plain got worse as time or their music evolved?