Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley (Offseason Edition)

+3 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
January 28, 2019 at 1:24pm
13 Comments

Hey, what's up? It's been a little while, hasn't it? 

No, this series isn't coming back as a regular weekly thing, but I figured with the doldrums of the offseason it couldn't hurt to chime in once in a while with some good music. 

First up in our list is one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite heavy metal bands, Swedish melodic death metal pioneers In Flames. This one features an absolutely killer riff and droning synths that give a sense of doomsday. This is "Bullet Ride" 

Next up is a great song from rapper Kojey Radical, one that was featured on the soundtrack for Fifa 19. This one grew on me slowly, and the musical complexity and the richness of the songwriting are a cut above most rap/hip hop of late. This is "Water." 

Next in our medley is a classic love ballad by one of the most soulful performers of the 20th century, Lionel Richie. Likely his most famous and enduring hit, this is the innocuously titled "Hello." 

Last up is a song from The National's latest album, 2017's Sleep Well Beast. This song is the flipside of the album's eponymous song, featuring the same basic beat but with a very different musical direction. This is "Guilty Party," a song about love and heartbreak (aren't they all?)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments