Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

About to Graduate with My 2nd Associates Degree Moving Onto Bachelors

+1 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
January 23, 2019 at 2:05pm
81 Comments

So I have an associates in computer programming but I found it to be boring and not what I wanted to do.

I have 4 classes left (after I wrap up this class) until I have my associates in business administration. I eventually want to get a doctorate degree, but right now I am trying to figure out if I should go for a bachelor's in business administration with or without a concentration.

Basically, if I go into a concentration, is that going to shoehorn me into a specific area, or is it a better idea to just go for the non concentration route?

OP UPDATE

So quite a few comments have said go out and experience the real world. So let me add this, I have been in the workforce since I was 16, I am now 31, married, with 3 kids. I have been a quality control manager, an operations supervisor, and a client manager at 3 different companies.

I enjoy learning, and student loans aren't an issue as I have done well for myself over the years. I'm basically trying to get an idea of where I should take my education.

Telling someone who's been in the workforce for almost 16 years to experience the real world isn't helping

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 81 Comments