Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Calpoppy Needs Your Prayers and Support

+156 HS
Erniebuckeye's picture
November 1, 2018 at 10:06pm
244 Comments

Many of you know my brother, Calpoppy. He’s one of the OG 11W readers and commentors. He and I joke about what we read on 11W and often send each other texts about the day’s offering and funny comments from you all. He really loves the community here.

Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago, he was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. He was immediately admitted to the hospital and started chemo. He developed pneumonia and is now in the ICU, fighting hard like a good Buckeye should. He will be in the hospital for the foreseeable future. He could use all of your prayers and good vibes as he fights this. These are scary times for him and our family. 

I wanted to write a post because I know how this online community is and he’s been absent lately. Trust me, he misses you. I’ll be with him Saturday and will have the game on in his hospital room. Please leave a comment below and I will be sure to read it to him when I see him.

One of our family friends set up a gofundme account for non-medical expenses. If you feel so inclined, you can go check it out: https://www.gofundme.com/shannon-still-strong

Thanks,

EB

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 244 Comments