Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Remembering 9/11

+20 HS
MichiBuck12's picture
September 11, 2018 at 11:47am
42 Comments

Every year on this day there is a lot of discussion in regards to where we were and how we felt on this day in 2001. I think its important for us to remember this day not just for the historical impact it had on the world going forward but also for the way it brought us all together as Americans. I can't remember a time in my life where we were united as a country more than in the aftermath of the attacks on September 11, 2001. So I'd like to start a thread for us to share our thoughts and memories from that day. 

I'll start. I was in 8th grade gym class and we were in the swimming pool that day. When I walked out of the shower a bunch of the other kids were talking about how America was just attacked. I went to my next class (biology) and the news was up on the screen. I got to class and watched the second plane hit the tower. The only class that didn't show the news live the rest of the day was, ironically, my US History class. I didn't really comprehend the magnitude of what happened until I got home and talked through things with my parents. That was the first day I really saw and was able to comprehend what makes this country so great. The heroes on flight 93, the first responders, all the volunteers in the aftermath, and the way the entire country came together showed me how great this country really is. May we never forget that.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments