Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley LXXXIV

+7 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
August 6, 2018 at 3:51pm
12 Comments

What's up everyone? Time for another medley. But before I get into the tunes themselves, I have a bit of an announcement to make. 

I started this series in the early days of 2017, when the loss to Clemson was still a very fresh and painful memory. Now we're 84 editions into the series, and I feel like the curtain call is coming. As such, I've decided that with the 100th edition, I'll retire this series. Maybe another weekly thread will take its place, or maybe not, we'll see. In the meantime, here are some tunes! 

First up we have a song from American power metal lords Symphony X. Symphony X is a band that is still producing music of high instrumental quality, but whose overall sound, while becoming cleaner, heavier, and more technically impressive, is no longer as meaningful to me. This song, from one of their older albums, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, is one of my favorites, featuring soaring vocals, impressive guitar work, and a beautiful keyboard bridge. This is "Candlelight Fantasia." 

Up next is a song that probably all of you know. Some of you love it, some of you may hate it. To me I think it's overplayed, but it's hard to deny its enduring influence on music. This is "Roxanne" by Sting and the Police. 

Next we have a song by rapper Action Bronson that I'm including more for its incredible and delightful video than I am for the song itself, which is arguably a middling effort when compared to Bronsolino's body of work. This is "Actin Crazy." 

And last up, because we haven't seen any of them in a while on this series, I want to finish up with some Daft Punk. Does that sound good to you? Sounds good to me. This is the song they always close their shows with: "One More Time." 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments