Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Getting Older Sucks

+12 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
June 29, 2018 at 10:44am
141 Comments

Hell, I'm only 32.  But I will definitively say that getting older sucks.

I went to the docs this week to find that I already have pre-hypertension.  It's not like I didn't expect it.  I've gained 30 pounds since having kids and have done nothing to fix that.  Hell, I've done the opposite by pouring beer and shitty food down my throat.  The good news is that I'm still young and I have time to fix this shit and it was the kick in the ass I finally need.

As I'm writing this, I still have no idea why I'm doing it.  Maybe for motivation.  Maybe to know I'm not alone.  Maybe just to know that someone else got to this point and fixed their shit.  Maybe it's so someone else can read this and fix their shit.  Whatever.

My life as I knew it is about to completely change.  My idea of fun has always been getting drunk with friends. Which is pathetic, really.  Maybe fun should be going on a hike with my kids.  Getting in a good workout and playing some basketball with some guys.

Here's your forum to vent your frustrations with life.  How you overcame them.  How you want to overcome them.  Let's get healthy, bros.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 141 Comments