Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Live or Television? Are There Any Buckeye Fans Here That Have Never Been to a Game?

+1 HS
D-Day0043's picture
June 25, 2018 at 2:49pm
51 Comments

Growing up in Ohio, I watched the Buckeyes sporadically when I was a kid. My mother and father were not really in to football. I remember the Bruce and Cooper years, but I guess I was too young to be a “die hard” sports fan. I played sports growing up but I never watched a whole lot of television because I was always playing sports.

In 2002, at the beginning of the season, I made a commitment to watch every game. We all know how that season ended and I was hooked from that moment on. Since then, I have maybe missed 5-6 games. When I was young I had went to Columbus and hung out with my friends that went to TOSU, but I never went to a game. Actually, I didn’t go to college until I was 30 and by then I was living in another state, married with kids.

Eventually I moved away from Ohio in my early twenties. I’ve been to many sporting events, but I have never been to an TOSU game. I prefer to watch games on television, because for me it is easier to follow the game and I don’t have to deal with parking and belligerent fans.

Are there any of you fans out there that have never been to a Buckeye game, and do you prefer to watch a game in person, or on television? What is the experience like at the shoe?

I am wanting to take the wife and kids on a trip to see the Bucks this year, does anyone have any advice on taking your kids to a game at the shoe? Is it family friendly, or not suitable for children? My kids are 7 and 10.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments