Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley LXXVII

+6 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
June 18, 2018 at 4:46pm
6 Comments

I lost my original draft of this post (seriously annoying that posts don't have an autosave feature on this site), so this is going to be shorter than I originally intended.

We're starting this week's medley off with a song I had the pleasure of seeing live on Friday. This song from Finnish melodic death metal masters Insomnium is one part of a seven part mega-song that altogether clocks in at over 45 minutes in length (yes, they played the whole song live--it was amazing). This is part 3 of Insomnium's epic Winter's Gate.

Next we have a song from one of my newer favorites, Rex Orange County. This song from Apricot Princess showcases Rex's penchant for incorporating funk-inspired instrumentation and his willingness to explore with his vocals a kind of emotional vulnerability you don't see often in male vocalists. This is "Television/So Far Everything's Good"

Next is a bit of a weird one. This song, "I'll Believe in Anything" by Wolf Parade was something on the soundtrack of my high school years, a time I look back on with some fondness and a lot of relief (that's it's in the past, that is, because fuck high school).

And last up we have a mashup, one that's surprisingly good and cohesive but that you'd never see coming. This is a mashup of The White Stripe's Seven Nation Army and Eurhythmatics Sweet Dreams are Made of These.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments