Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I'm Coming to Columbus for Father's Day, Next Sunday, to Visit My Son and Daughter,

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture
June 10, 2018 at 9:11am
58 Comments

They're both adults in their 20s, just FYI. 

Can anyone give me some ideas of things to do, while there??? 

I was thinking about going to the Columbus Zoo, weather permitting, or something like that, that won't break the bank account. Maybe an interesting restaurant(not a chain), or something? 

Thanks ahead, for any ideas. ;) 

Father's Day update: Thank you all for the great ideas! Here's a list of the things we ended up doing, not in order, and over the course of Saturday and Sunday: 

• Duck Donuts
  • Stack City Burger bar and grill in the Short North
  • Graeter's Ice Cream
  • Pins Mechanical, then 
  •  Uber'd back to daughter's apartment(it only cost $8.00!!!!! Good thing because we were smashed!)
  • The Book Loft in German Village. 
  • spent four hours at pool and received some serious solar radiation. 
  • Local Cantina
  • Sweetwater's Coffee & Tea.
  • stopped at the WHAC, but unfortunately, it was closed. But I did manage to get my picture taken with Woody Hayes. ;) 

Also went to the Schmidt's Sausage Haus, but the wait was over an hour, so passed on that and went to the Book Loft, then over to Short North and Stack City Burger. 

Next time I'm in C-bus, I'm going to try Schmidt's again.  It smelled really good in there!

Thanks again for all the great ideas! Wish I could post pictures! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments