Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

11W/12W Weight Loss/support Forum

+55 HS
BlockO's picture
November 8, 2017 at 9:13pm
163 Comments

First of all, I would like to confess that I am a fat tub of lard. Having said this, I have taken a strong interest in my health for the last 6 months and have seen some incredible progress. On May 10th, I started on a journey that would change my life forever. This journey involved adding the physical balance to my life which has eluded me for so many years. On that particular date, I went in for a pre-employment physical which was a requirement to me taking a new job in Jackson, MS. What I discovered rocked me to the very essence of my core. I weighed a sickening 386 lbs. I knew I was fat but didn't realize how far I had let myself go. The doctor told me with a serious look on his face that if I didn't take my health more seriously, I would "die young". I am 32 years old. To hear how badly I had abused myself with food really bothered me. So, I purposed within myself that I would do whatever to get healthy. I downloaded myfitnesspal on my phone and became strict with my diet to the point where I began to fall in love with the process. As the process became apart of me the progress became evident. I have also fallen in love with swimming and weight training. I live for the the next time I step on the scale and see those numvers drop. I started at 386 lbs on may 10th but today I weigh 332.6 lbs. I am not where I want to be at yet but I believe I will get there because I now have a love for myself and the many gifts God has blessed me with. My goal is to become a muscular 215 lbs by the end of next year. I invite all dubbers to join me in this movement to get healthy. Feel free to post your weight and progress on this thread. I want to hear your joys and frustrations as we seek to become a little better than we were the day before. Much love.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 163 Comments