Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Daughter applying for college

+1 HS
bobbyvcp's picture
February 28, 2017 at 12:22pm
61 Comments

The other day me and my daughter had a talk with her school advisor. I don't know where she got it but she is a brilliant student especially in Math...she took the AP Calc AB and BC tests as a Sophomore and got 5's on both. Right now as a Junior she is taking Multi-Variable calculus through a class online with Stanford. We live on Kauai which is a island in Hawaii so she has far exceeded the education they offer here. So to cut to the chase she has decided to major in Mechanical Engineering. So the advisor was suggesting schools she apply to and the usual MIT, Cornel, etc  then he said UM that TTUN. Then I spoke up and said there is not a shot in hell she could ever go there...Luckily OSU has a decent engineering program think they are ranked around 25th in the country so that is going to be her fall back school. Really would not mind to tell you the truth and if she did go means that I could finally see a game in the shoe one of these days.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments