Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

What is the most memorable golf shot you have ever witnessed or executed?

+2 HS
McBane's picture
February 24, 2017 at 11:57am
58 Comments

It's the offseason, so let's talk some golf.

Now that the weather is warming up, I'm sure some of you golfers have dusted off the clubs and played a round or two.  

I recently played at the Golf Club of Dublin and had one of those shots that keep you coming back, if you know what I mean.  I was in the 8 foot deep green-side bunker on hole number 7, and I could only see the top of the flag from my vantage point.  I somehow managed to channel my inner Phil and hit the shot to tap-in range to save my par.

Last year I was at Indian Springs on hole number 18, and I hit a 300+ yard drive (tailwind) in the middle of the fairway.  Thinking to myself, "I can definitely get it home in 2 for a chance at eagle," I pulled out my 3 wood and gave it a rap.  So what happens?  I hit a worm-burner that left me 165 yards out.  At this point I'm pissed.  I quickly grab my 8 iron and fire one at the pin.  I knew it was in the middle of the green, but I was so pissed from the previous shot that I failed to watch it all the way.  As I'm driving up to the green, I look over and cannot locate my ball on the putting surface.  "Shit, now I have to go back for my wedge," i said.  I walk to the back of the green and I still can't find my ball.  So as I'm walking to the front of the green, thinking maybe the shot came up short, I peeked in the cup.  I just scored a 165 yard hole-out eagle!

So what are some of the most memorable shots you have witnessed or experienced?

As memorable as these blokes?:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments