Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Personal Buying Tendencies

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture
January 29, 2017 at 9:21pm
88 Comments

What type of shopper are you? I am the kind of person that will go months (3-6) without buying something but then fixate on a larger item to purchase, I research the hell out of said items that I want, usually go way over budget in the process, but usually end up with a product that is well made, near top of the line, and a good bang for your buck purchase even if I do overspend.

Generally, I find myself to be somewhat brand loyal however and I feel that I miss out on other superior products because I'm just satisfied with what I have, or what is available from the retailer or manufacturer I've come to trust. Happens with cars, contractors, clothes, etc.

I do a lot of cycling and my preferred method for carrying my bike is simply in my trunk with the seats down. Secure, out of the elements, and didn't need a carrier. Two car seats later and I can't do that. I found myself looking for trunk racks. We have a Yakima SkyBox for Mrs. 07/10's Forester so I immediately honed in on a Yakima trunk rack even though my research and intuition led me to a Thule product. I was on my way to buy the Yakima rack when a salesman at REI laid it out for me and talked me into the Thule. I broke from my norm and went with Thule and I am happy I did.

TL;DR: What kind of shopper are you? Do you have any set in your way tendencies? Etc

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments