Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Anyone Ever Hiked to Havasu Falls? (Updated 5/4/16 w/ Pics/Vids)

+4 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
February 11, 2016 at 3:27pm
23 Comments

I recently did the hike to Supai and it was both amazing and exhausting (we hiked 35 miles in 2.5 days).  Without further ado:

Hiking in was simply beautiful.  

Once you get to the village and complete check-in, the waterfalls begin:

New Navajo Falls:

The famous Havasu Falls:

Havasu Falls Jump:

Rock Falls:

Hidden Falls.  This place was amazing.  Totally secluded and perfectly set up for cliff jumping.  We were the only ones there.

Hidden Falls Jump:

Mooney Falls.  The climb down (and up) was certainly stimulating.  Those ladders and chain ropes were extremely slick and wet.  The waterfall is nearly 200 feet tall if that gives you some perspective.

The cascades were bountiful.

If this has inspired you to take the hike, let me know and I can write up some details about our trip.  You need reservations before going, and these are extremely hard to get (they are sold out for this year).  Make sure your legs are prepared for the hike.  Mine were not thanks to an ankle injury in December, but powering through it was well worth it.  Also be prepared for carrying 25-35 pounds extra, assuming you're camping for a couple nights.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments