Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Worst Hoods in Ohio

0 HS
cinserious's picture
May 24, 2014 at 3:31am
58 Comments

Avondale in Cincinnati is one of the hoodiest of hoods, one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city. I'm not just blowing smoke from the suburbs either. I grew up in an adjacent rough neighborhood and know Avondale pretty well.

I went to the public h.s. 'Woodward' that also drew from Avondale and all the surrounding ghettos and it was more like a juvenile detention than a school. 'students' rolling up blunts in the FRONT of the class, teachers scared to take action, assaults, robberies, even rapes at that school. And that was just the kids who actually showed up. I don't know if you remember Damon Flint the b-ball player, he went there. Antwaan Peek, who played for the Texans was in one of my classes. I dropped out within months of attending that hellhole.

Here's some pics of some crappy-ass apt complexes to be avoided in Avondale, venture at your own risk:

hood

hood

hood

hood
There are some worse areas in Cincy, but with the regentrification efforts of OTR and the West End projects, I feel Avondale will get worse and continue to be among the city's most dangerous/ hopeless neighborhoods. Anybody else got some Ohio 'hoods to share?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments