Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2017 Tailgate Fare Week 10

+5 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 2, 2017 at 10:51am
37 Comments

Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here, so let’s win that old conference now!

Following last week’s epic comeback win over those silly bastards from State College, we have a tough road trip to Iowa City to look forward to.  I say it's a tough one, even though Iowa finds itself at a disappointing 5-3 coming into the game.  They were (literally) one play away from popping Penn State's bubble, before the Bucks got to do it, and they beat a pretty good Iowa State team earlier this year.  So, I think that it's a good game - and if Iowa was in the SEC, they'd be ranked to prove it.

I intended to make the drive, but Little 3M is playing in the soccer state finals, so that will be my appointed place of duty.  But, all is not lost, I have my tickets to the BCG in Indy, and downtown hotel room, secured.

What’s a trip to Iowa without corn? Am I right?  It’s too obvious, but I still felt compelled to stick with the theme.  So, I bring to you, a very predictable, but equally delicious dish.

Hot Corn Dip

INGREDIENTS

• 2½ cups fresh, frozen or drained canned corn
  • 2 (4-ounce) cans green chiles, drained
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced
  • 2 cups Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
  • ½ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
  • 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Stir together corn, chiles, jalapeno pepper, cheeses and yogurt or mayonnaise, and bacon until well-combined.
  • Spread evenly in prepared baking dish.
  • Bake until lightly browned, about 35-40 minutes.
  • Serve warm.

PRO TIPS

• The answer is Hellman's - it's always Hellman's.
  • Serve with Fritos Scoops, Melba Toast, or hearty corn chips – this dip has some body.
  • Put your warm dish in an insulated bag if you’re transporting it, this one needs to stay warm.

Previous Editions

Week 1 – Bacon Wrapped Pickles
Week 2 – Chipotle Hummus
Week 3 – Chili Mac
Week 4 – Spinach Dip
Week 5 – Crock Pot Potato Soup
Week 6 – Pretzel Bites
Week 7 – Bacon Cheddar Cheese Dip
Week 8 – Community Extravaganza
Week 9 - Burritos

2015 & 2016 Recipes can be found here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments