Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Week 13 Tailgate Fare

0 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 24, 2015 at 11:20am
92 Comments

First, and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope that everyone has a safe, wonderful holiday and that you get to spend it with those you love.  To my brothers and sisters in arms, who will not be with their loved ones: I hope that you find a way to make your surroundings as comfortable and pleasant as they can be.  Know we are thinking about you and wish you Godspeed - especially those of us who've been there, done that, and have too many t-shirts to prove it.  Also, I hope everyone has had a chance to pay it forward, but if you haven't, it's not too late.

Now, on to the matter at hand.  Due to my pilgrimage back to the motherland, I will be traveling tomorrow, and never had any intention of posting this drivel on Thanksgiving Day.  Plus, this week, posting early seems like the thing to do.

Everyone knows what week it is, and no one needs a reminder.  It's Hate Week.  What says "I hate you" more than "I ate you"???  Since we've already been told how to cook a wolverine, I'm going to give us a recipe for Wolverine Brats that is tasty and disrespectful to those insipid, rabid scumbags. 

Ingredients

BRATS:
4 lbs. Bratwurst
12 (12 oz.) Cans Light Beer
1 Onion, sliced
2 T Chopped Garlic
16 Hoagie Buns, split
BUTTER KRAUT:
1 (16 oz.) Package Sauerkraut, drained
1/2 Bottle Beer
1 Stick of Butter

Directions

Pierce the brat casings multiple times with a fork prior to boiling.
In a large pasta pot, add beer then onion and garlic. Bring to a boil. Add brats. Allow beer to come back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Remove brats from beer and pat dry and grill, turning frequently, until brats are browned all over.
Butter Kraut:
Place sauerkraut in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beer and cook until liquid is almost completely reduced.
Add butter, cook, until melted and absorbed into the kraut.

Happy Thanksgiving, Dubbers.

Previous Tailgate Fare

Week One: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Week Two: Chicken Tacos
Week Three: The World's Greatest Veggie Dip
Week Four: Jalapeno Stuffed Pretzel Bombs
Week Five: Turkey Cheddar Kabobs 
Week Six: Southwest Chicken / Crab Pinwheels
Week Seven: 3M’s Original Chili
Week Eight: Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
Week Nine:  Community Tailgate Extravaganza
Week Ten:  German Potato Salad
Week Eleven: Pepperoni and Mozzarella Crescent Rolls
Week Twelve: Jello Pretzel Squares

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments