Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Week Eleven Tailgate Fare

0 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 12, 2015 at 11:41am
80 Comments

Here we are, in the home stretch.  We only have one last test remaining in The Grind before The Chase 2.0 begins, and the Bucks storm thru five consecutive Top 10 opponents and win their second straight CFP National Championship.  Sounds good, right? 

I’m off to New York City for the weekend, and the one thing I’m looking most forward to on my return to the Big Apple (from the Little Apple) is a slice of pizza.  And, a certain member of our little gang here on 11W has been patiently waiting for a pizza-based recipe.  So, I think this is a good week to drop one of my favorite tailgate appetizers; they are simple and delicious.

Pepperoni and Mozzarella Crescent Rolls

INGREDIENTS:
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Pepperoni Slices
Mozzarella Sticks
Marinara Sauce

DIRECTIONS:

Place the Crescent Rolls out on a flat surface.  Layer each triangular section with pepperoni slices (as many or few as desired), and place one half of a mozzarella stick on top.  Roll up the Crescent Roll, folding the ends over to contain the contents, and place them on a baking sheet (don’t forget your parchment paper).  Leave enough room between rolls to prevent sticking during baking.  Bake them at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until they’re a nice golden brown.

You can let them stand for a few minutes to cool, then serve with marinara sauce for dipping.

PRO TIPS:

You can add some marinara sauce beneath the pepperoni, if desired, to make them more like little pizzas (your favorite off the shelf pizza sauce works great).
Ranch dressing makes for a good alternate dipping sauce, for those so inclined.
Placing them in a heated, covered dish makes for easy transport to your tailgate, and they taste great after 20 seconds in the microwave later on, if they get cold. 

Previous Tailgate Fare

Week One: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Week Two: Chicken Tacos
Week Three: The World's Greatest Veggie Dip
Week Four: Jalapeno Stuffed Pretzel Bombs
Week Five: Turkey Cheddar Kabobs            
Week Six: Southwest Chicken / Crab Pinwheels
Week Seven: 3M’s Original Chili
Week Eight: Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
Week Nine:  Community Tailgate Extravaganza
Week Ten:  German Potato Salad

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments