Two years ago, we asked for your help hiring a full-time beat writer for the site. You graciously stepped up, made it happen and Kyle's outstanding work has been a big part of why we're here today, still growing, and looking to add a second writer to the Ohio State beat.
Is that writer you?
In short, we're looking for someone to own the Ohio State basketball beat, while contributing to coverage of other sports, including football. That someone should be whip-smart, have a good nose for news and value the payoff of hard work. They should be comfortable shaping the Ohio State athletics conversation and get the web.
– Provide reporting, opinion and analysis of the Ohio State men's basketball team, along with other school programs
– Attend press conferences, media sessions, open practices and other athletics events
– Attend home and away games, providing extensive game coverage
– Attend select events and high school games featuring Ohio State targets
– Capture, curate and publish video, audio and photos
– Drive conversations on the site, Twitter and other channels
– Make media appearances, including the Eleven Dubcast, television and radio
– Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field
– Two or more years of web journalism experience
– Love of sport and deep knowledge of the college athletics landscape
– Writing for a huge audience and a role in shaping the Ohio State athletics conversation
– Flexible hours
– Paid vacation
– Bonus program that rewards great writing, important interviews and breaking news
Interested? Send résumé and a few of your best writing samples to [email protected].