Eleven Warriors started in 2006 as a humble, daily love letter to Ohio State sports. It is now a daily destination site for tens of thousands of Buckeye fans like you.
Over the years the 11W community has remained edgy and articulate despite gaining popularity to drive it - dare we say - into the mainstream. We've broken national news on multiple occasions. We've written thousands of stories that you have Liked, shared and retweeted hundreds of thousands of times over.
Quite clearly, 11W has filled an unmet need for Buckeyes fans by abandoning milquetoast, sanitized commentary for real talk without forsaking quality or sanity, and the numbers speak for themselves: Site traffic is up 500% over 2010.
With increased volume and visitors comes added responsibility: We owe you a full-time beat writer.
That's the biggest thing missing from our daily love letter to Ohio State. We're committed to staying subscription-free, but advertising revenue alone won't cover the expenses for having a dedicated 11W reporter on the Ohio State beat.
We fully realize you can get Ohio State news anywhere, but with monthly visits to 11W now well into the millions we realize you want Ohio State news with an 11W edge, and we're committed to making that happen for you.
So we're raising money to hire that lucky guy or girl to work for you. We're asking you to be the 12th Warrior.
Every donor will receive recognition on the site, and donations at various levels will earn you fabulous prizes (see below).
Thanks in advance for helping us make this site what you want it to be.
Donations at any amount are welcomed and will be recognized on the site as a 12th Warrior. However, if you contribute at one of the following levels, you'll earn the following:
- $1,000: Donors at this level will receive a Respect the Basement t-shirt, a night of debauchery with the 11W crew after the Spring Game and recognition for their business or organization at Eat Too, Brutus 2012.
- $500: Donors at this level will receive a Respect the Basement t-shirt and a one day site takeover for their business or organization.
- $250: Donors at this level will receive a Respect the Basement t-shirt and a shoutout on the Eleven Dubcast.
- $100: Donors at this level will receive a Respect the Basement t-shirt.
- $50: Donors at this level will receive the satisfaction of knowing they gave what Johnathan Hankins spends at Chipotle on any given weekend.
- $25: Donors at this level will receive the satisfaction of knowing they contributed less than one dollar for every day they visit 11W in one month.