We've had five full days to digest Ohio State's season opener, and there was plenty to take away from the Buckeyes’ first game.
On this week's episode of Real Pod Wednesdays, we spend a full hour discussing the many things we learned from the Buckeyes’ 45-31 win over Minnesota. Among the many topics we dive into:
- 2:50: The good and bad of C.J. Stroud's first start
- 10:00: Assessing the defense's performance in game one
- 14:13: Miyan Williams and TreVeyon Henderson make their case for being Ohio State's top two running backs
- 20:10: How Chris Olave looks better than ever
- 25:44: A great start for Ohio State's offensive line
- 35:54: Why Dan wasn't surprised by Tommy Eichenberg starting against Minnesota, and why he thinks Cody Simon will start against Oregon
- 55:55: Why it's too early to jump to conclusions about Kerry Coombs' defense
At the 1:05:48 mark of the show, we begin previewing this week's game against Oregon, break down what challenges we expect the Ducks to present and make our predictions for what the first game with fans back in Ohio Stadium will be like (1:15:52) as well as our predictions for how the game will play out (1:20:55).
Finally, we discuss our takeaways from watching the rest of the first weekend of college football play out, including which teams around the Big Ten impressed us, how vulnerable Clemson might be to missing the playoff this year and Bama still being Bama.