“I appreciate you keeping that country music on. These people don't know how to appreciate it.”
Billy Price, avid country music listener.
Ohio State's fifth-year senior center and team captain wore a microphone under his pads during Thursday's practice at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. Courtesy of the football team's Twitter account, there are 130 seconds available for you to see what a daily practice is like for the man stepping in for Pat Elflein this fall for the Buckeyes.
Among the topics discussed with his teammates, other than the obvious football techniques, protections and more:
- Dance moves with Michael Jordan and Demetrius Knox
- Nicknames for the young quarterbacks, including "Hollywood" and "Vegas" for Tate Martell"
- Crop tops for offensive linemen — "the gut is out"
- A recent blitz Greg Schiano's defense threw at the line earlier this spring
- Elflein's tight pants, or as the 2016 Rimington Trophy winner calls them, "joggers" and
- The continuity of the offensive line.